Live-in-Care: what is it?, how it works and main benefits
What’s Live In Care for the Elderly?
Live in care means that you are able to live the way you want with a carer living with your loved one in their own home.
With round clock support from experienced carers, you don’t have to compromise your independence.
Unlike in care homes for the elderly, you receive one-to-one support from a private home carer. That’s real personalised care.
Live in Care is particularly great for people who would like to continue living thier their lives on their own terms. Its also especially great for people with dementia. They really benefit from this type of Home Care Service as they are not disorientated by moving away from their own homes.
How Does Live-in Care Work?
Live in care is tailored to your needs. With a professional support carer living with your loved one, providing 24 hour care.
A fully trained live-in carer will be there when your loved one wakes up, will keep them company throughout the day and make sure they’re safely in bed at night.
They’ll ensure all needs are met from preparing meals and cleaning floors to having a chat over a cup of tea.
Your loved one also remains at home, part of their community, surrounded by memories and living the lifestyle they prefer.
A full-time carer provides reassurance and help you and your family need. Even if your routine changes, a live-in carer provides a flexible service which changes with you.
But we should look at the main benefits of choosing live in care in Manchester with Holm Care
What are the Benefits of Choosing Live-In Care?
These are some of the main benefits of using Holm Care to provide a live in carer:
- One-to-one support from a dedicated care team
- Continued independence and control thanks to staying at home, in the familiar surroundings. With no set mealtimes or visiting hours, lifestyles can continue relatively unchanged.
- Couples can stay together, increasing wellbeing. And if both need care, staying at home will cost less than two places at a care home.
- Peace of mind for the elderly person, their family and friends. Comfort from knowing someone is available 24/7 if there are any problems.
- Companionship from a familiar face, reducing the risk of loneliness and isolation.
- Encouragement, support and the opportunity to continue with hobbies and stay involved in the local community, boosting wellbeing and confidence.
- Ability to keep pets, and the happiness that brings.
- Less pressure on family relationships: when family visits, it becomes a social visit by avoiding all the little things a private live in carer takes care of for you.
- The opportunity of taking more trips and holidays as you can take your full-time carer with you.
- Support from a carer with specialist training for conditions such as MS, Parkinson’s, stroke and dementia.
- Cheaper than full-time care at a residential or nursing home, with funding available depending on eligibility.
You can learn more about Live-In Care from the care experts at Holm Care